Julia Child was one of the first people to introduce French cuisine into the home kitchens of Americans. I adore the flavors and techniques used in French cooking. One of my favorite movies is Julie and Julia!
I admire the measures chef Jamie Oliver has taken to promote food education in schools. Oliver is not afraid to stand up for what he believes in. His food philosophy is also aligned with mine: he specializes in inventive, modern, and healthy cuisine.
Thomas Keller reinvented American cuisine and, in my opinion, put American food on the map. He is the only American chef to be awarded three Michelin stars for two different restaurants. I am the proud owner of both the French Laundry and Bouchon Bakery cookbooks!
Short Term Goals:
1. I will speak to someone new in my one of my classes, whether that be professionalism, food safety, or fundamentals, in hopes of making a new friend.
2. I will master my tourne cut by October 1st.
3. I will get a job on campus.
4. Pass food safety with at least an 80%
5. I want to be on time (even 15 minutes early) to every single class this semester.
Long Term Goal:
1. Be the head of a test kitchen
For a specific breakdown of my goals and see how they are S.M.A.R.T, see the document below!