I filmed it too! This was my first time filming with my new camera. It was pretty interesting. At first I didn't even know how to turn it on, but it got better :). I'm looking forward to filming more and more videos for you! Check out the video here and be sure to subscribe!
Now for the full recipe!
-1 19 oz. package of firm tofu
-1 11 oz. can tomatillos, drained (you can substitute fresh tomatillos for this-just husk and rinse them!)
-1/2 large onion or 1 small onion, peeled and halved
-1 jalapeno, halved (deseed the pepper according to your preference of spice)
-1 cup dry brown rice
-Juice of 1 lime
-1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
-1 red bell pepper, sliced
-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
-2 ears corn, kernels cut off the cob
-1 28 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
-1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped
-Anything else you like!
1. For the Tofu: Wrap the tofu in a clean cloth and place a heavy skillet on top (I used a cast iron skillet). This presses out the excess moisture that can affect the cooking process. Meanwhile, combine the tomatillos, onion, jalapeno, and salt in a food processor and pulse until a salsa-like consistency forms. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
2. Crumble the pressed tofu with a fork. Add into the bowl with the salsa and mix to combine. Allow to marinate for about 10 minutes.
3. For the Rice: Meanwhile, start the rice. Boil two cups of water with the rice and a pinch of salt. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 35 minutes. When done, add the remaining ingredients and mix.
4. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the tofu mixture. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. For the Red Pepper and other Toppings: Meanwhile, in a small skillet, sauté the red bell peppers with the chili powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
6. Time to assemble! In your bowl, place some rice and top with the tofu, black beans, corn, lettuce, sautéed red bell pepper, and any other toppings you like. Enjoy! :)